Bad Blogger

I am a bad, bad blogger! I haven't written anything since August!!

So, let me get caught up super fast. Elizabeth started 3rd grade. She LOVES it. She's doing much better this year with a different teacher. We filed DH immigration paperwork in October. We have our interview in February. Elizabeth turned 8 in November. She had a pool party and had her first AND second slumber parties, also. We spent Thanksgiving with our friends. It's always nice to spend time with them because neither hubby or myself have any family in the close vicinity. Most of my family is in Florida and dh's family is of course in Germany.


In November I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I say finally because at last I have a name to put to all the pain I'm constantly in. I started seeing a pain management doctor and he's got me on some medication that actually helps with the symptoms. Now, I can finally move without constantly hurting. I love it! I am able to walk upstairs and bathe Elizabeth or tuck her in bed. I can play with her. I actually enjoy getting out and going for walks. Because, I'm actually mobile again I've lost 20 pounds. YAY me!! This is only a start. I bought some yoga DVD's and I'll get started on those as soon as we have our Christmas tree down. There is no room in our living room right now. LOL.


Which brings us to Christmas. We spent Christmas eve with our friends again. It's like being with family. They treat us like family and that's wonderful. Elizabeth gets to have "grandparents" and "aunts and uncles" that spoil her. We had a wonderful Christmas eve dinner. Christmas day we spent at home just the three of us. It was a blast! There was a kind of tradition when my sister and brother and I were growing up. We didn't get to run out to the Christmas tree and rip open our gifts right away. We had to wait, anxiously, while my dad got the coffee made and poured a cup for himself and my mom, wait while he let the dogs outside to go potty. We had to wait while we felt like time was just going by in slow motion. I remember how fun it was thinking Santa had been and we couldn't see what was under the tree. Then they would have us come out all
together and we'd be so surprised!

Anyway, the last couple of years we've been making Elizabeth wait until we had our coffee made but the difference is that she can sit on the stairs and see the tree and the gifts and the empty cookie plate. It just makes the anticipation so much greater. I did a layout of her sitting on the stairs Christmas morning:




I used a kit called Pink Xmas by Danielle Corbitt. You can click on the picture to go leave me some lovies!! So, Christmas day was wonderful.

Work has been slow. It's always slow during the holidays. I'm sure it'll start picking up as soon as everyone is off of leave. We had a good New Year's Eve and day. Elizabeth had her best friend over for a sleepover on New Year's Eve and the next night. We spent New Year's Eve at our friends' house. We played Domino's until 3 am. What a blast!

Now, I'm pretty much caught up, lol, my next posts won't need to be as long! I am going to get to work on some layouts with a kit by Steph Broccolo at SOTB. I'll post them when I get finished.

Comments

This is such a Cute Memory Page and so meaningful
Love your little blog catch up LOL

Popular posts from this blog

December 2011 Blog Train Freebie

Final Day of the Bunny Hop Blog Hop (Freebie)

Day 4 of the Divine Bunny Hop Blog Hop